Hokkaido~Food 战利品~~土产

By Happy452 - Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Food Section
When you go overseas, you can't resist hoarding loads of goodies back especially snacks and local produce.  We bought these from the omiyage shop at Tanukikoji shopping arcade, Sapporo.

Photo extracted from official site.


Crispy millet coated with chocolate. There have 2 types with white chocolate in yellow packaging while the dark chocolate in red packaging. Each pack have 10 sticks costs ¥315. Brought this back for my colleagues, easy for distribution.. HIDINGswordatback_thumb .



2. Hori Melon Pure Jelly 哈蜜瓜果凍 http://www.e-hori.com/
Photo extracted from official site.

Made with fully ripened flesh of Yubari Melon and gives a melting texture as if you are eating the melon. Award winning dessert. It comes in different packaging. We bought the 4 (plastic packaging) and 9 pieces (box).  It have a very strong melon taste and nice to eat it cold.  It comes in nice wrappers too.


3. ROYCE Potato Chip Chocolate http://www.e-royce.com/
Both photos are extracted from official site

ROYCE is a Hokkaido based chocolate manufacturer. This is a combination of crispy potato chips and chocolate, so it gives a mixture of salty and sweet taste. Worth trying as long as you loves the flavour sensation. You could get this at 4th Floor Isetan, KLCC. The selling price is around RM40 per box.



I love the raw chocolate produced by ROYCE, soft and it just melt inside your mouth slowly. I bought 2 boxes of raw chocolate at Narita Airport -- bitter and english tea flavour. English tea is limited edition. Raw chocolate is selling at RM39 per box in Isetan while I got this for ¥660 (RM20) per box in Japan. You have to buy the insulated bag (comes with dry ice) to store the chocolate for about ¥100 (RM3). In Malaysia, it is free. Must buy, very nice. The best chocolate I've ever tasted xo13k8 .


I bought this at Noboribetsu hot spring town --- Hori melon chocolate. I saw our len lui tour leader is buying and she said very nice. So can’t miss it, in fact not bad 332s1v8.  It have a strong melon flavour but taste like chocolate.  It also looks like melon too.  I think there's 10 pieces in a box and don't ask me the price, I totally forgotten... 





Hokkaido limited edition Potato Farm french fries. I've read this in the net and when I saw this in Okurayama gifts shop, I did not hesitate at all even it cost me ¥840 (RM26) per box. Inside only have 10 miserable small packs as shown in the picture. Yet, don't miss it if you like junk food. It's tasty and you couldn't stop once started.  Not easy to find too. We only saw this in Okurayama Ski Jump Stadium and one little shop in Otaru.

How can we go back without the ramen, very famous in Hokkaido. The noodles is raw, not what we get from our normal maggi mee. There have different brands of ramen for you to choose and I have bought this Hakodate salty soup ramen.  Well, I still prefer the one served in ramen shopletmethink_thumb ... 4 packs in a box for ¥1,050 (RM32).






19 August 2008

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments